Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Flying Free by Abigail Davies REVIEW

 One… Two… Three…

I’m a prisoner in my own mind.

Four… Five… Six… 
The painful memories hold me captive.


Seven… Eight… Nine…
He turned me into this, leaving my body riddled with scars.

Ten… Eleven… Twelve…
I don’t want to be this person anymore.


Thirteen… Fourteen… Fifteen…
I want to be free.

Sixteen… Seventeen… Eighteen…
But I’m afraid that I’ll never be.


Nineteen… Twenty…. Twenty-One…
I’ll never be good enough.


Twenty-Two… Twenty-Three… Twenty-Four…
Never be normal.

Twenty-Five… Twenty-Six… Twenty-Seven…
There’s only one good memory scattered with all the painful ones.


Twenty-Eight… Twenty-Nine… Thirty…
My savior… My hero… Corey.


This is the first book of Abigail's I have read besides the one she co-wrote. I am gonna have to come back to her for more. I haven't read the series that this is a spin off from, well I am going to have to get them now. I really loved Cory and Ava's story. 
Her words just make me feel. They are heartbreaking and at the same time pull you in and captivate you. This is just a pretty darn good book I got lost in. 
Totally recommend it. I look forward to keeping an eye on this author to see what else she brings us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

book blogger struggles

So I am sitting here staring at my kindle wondering what am I going to start reading. I have sooo many books and nothing is screaming at me...