Sunday, May 8, 2016

Raye Wagner Double 5 ⭐ review


-Curse Of The Sphinx-

blog break description.jpg

In a modern world still ruled by the Greek gods, being a monster is more than a curse--it's a death sentence. 

Seventeen year-old Hope Nicholas has spent her entire life on the run. With her mom, she's traveled from town to town, barely staying long enough to meet anyone, let alone make friends. And she'll have to keep it that way. 
It's safer.
Hope knows that demigods, monsters, and shadow demons aren't just myths. They are realities that threaten her very existence. After tragedy strikes, Hope's life shatters. Was this the fulfillment of Apollo's curse? Have the demigods discovered her? Is she being hunted? 
Orphaned and alone, Hope flees again, determined to survive. But when the handsome Athan Michael comes to her aid, everything changes. Suddenly, Hope must decide what she values most--safety or love.

blog break review.jpg
This is the reason I love YA books that are about mythology! Its also got a bit of romance in there. It was just a really good book all around. The first little bit didn't really appeal to me, I almost was gonna not read it but glad I pushed through. It really isn't that many pages... but still... . I know its like the start of everything but I felt the book would have been better off without it. After all that I got right into the book and couldn't put it down. I am a huge mythology fan. I thought it was really neat that it is set in present day with all these gods still around! so awesome. As far as characters go OMG I sure love Athan. swoons.. The end I almost screamed! I need more. and by more I hope there is lots of books to come. I will read em if you give them to me Raye! It is hard to put into words how much of a good book this is. I can't wait to read the next and see what happens.

-Demigods & Monsters-

blog break description.jpg


Can Apollo’s curse be broken?

Seventeen-year-old Hope Nicholas is done running. Apollo’s curse has ruled her entire life, limiting her choices and robbing her of the things that matter most. But she refuses to live in fear any longer. In fact, she’s ready to do whatever it takes to break the god’s power over her existence. 
When the goddess Artemis instructs Hope to impersonate a demigod and infiltrate a conservatory to get access to the Olympian library, she doesn’t hesitate. As she sees it, there’s nothing left to lose. 
But once inside, Hope discovers the only way to get what she needs is to work with her sworn enemies. As the lines between demigod and monster are crossed again and again, Hope has to dig deep for the courage to accept her fate or fight for the freedom to save herself.
Demigods and Monsters is the second book in the Sphinx series.

blog break review.jpg
Going into this book I was worried because I know there is going to be a little wait for the next book. Yes I am depressed now because I want more and shed a tear cause I have to wait! I honestly sat here and read and neglected to adult and do anything around my house... oopps. Well worth it though. I love everything about this book. I am a huge mythology fan and the way these books are written is excellent. It is unique in the fact that the Gods are in present day and not long ago. In this book we learn some things, more stuff happens, and you are left desperately wanting more!Thank you Raye for that. These are just enjoyable books to read. For me this is one of those stories that I could see play out and feel like I am there as things happen. I would love to see this as a movie! It would be killer. The one thing I would like to see before starting the book would be a character index, like which characters belong to which god, if that makes sense. I got a little confused with which god was which and who belonged to who. That would be nice to just see and have to refer to. The only thing I like to point out is I would not start off in the middle of this series. It is a must to read these in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment