Saturday, April 30, 2016

In His Keeping Series by Mila Frances SPOTLIGHT



IN HIS KEEPING a steamy erotic romance murder mystery thriller series by Mia 
Frances.

IN HIS KEEPING series book trailer

IN HIS KEEPING: TAKEN by Mia Frances



(short blurb) Out of work and on the verge of being homeless, Sylvie Jenkins takes a job with reclusive writer Connor Hudson. He's a bestselling author and billionaire entrepreneur. Sparks fly when the demanding dom decides his feisty new employee needs taming. She eventually succumbs to his charms, but he's keeping secrets. The women in his past keep turning up dead. Is this dom capable of murder?

(long blurb)  Out of work and on the verge of being homeless, Sylvie Jenkins is desperate. Her desperation leads her to take a job with a reclusive writer living in the Adirondack Mountains of upstate New York. She's never heard of Connor Hudson, but the man is offering her room, board, and an extremely generous salary. How bad could he be? Sylvie is shocked to learn that she might not know who Connor Hudson is, but millions of readers do, scarfing up the books he writes under various pseudonyms. And Connor's not just a bestselling author. He's a billionaire entrepreneur whose publishing and media empires span the globe.
Her new employer is a drop-dead gorgeous hunk, but he's also surly, dominating, and demanding. He's accustomed to being obeyed and kowtowed to, but he soon discovers that his feisty new assistant refuses to do either. Sylvie thinks he's an arrogant, condescending jackass! Connor is shocked that this little imp isn't cowed by his wealth, power, and position. That fascinates him. The Dom in him is determined to have her...and her obedience and submission as well. Naive and nerdy, Sylvie mistakes sex for love. But Connor can't love her. He's keeping secrets: dark and dangerous secrets. He says he's incapable of love. But as the body count begins to rise, you can't help but wonder...is he capable of murder?

What readers are saying: 

ByO. Chamberson March 3, 2016
This book caught my attention from the very beginning with the callousness of Sylvie's cousin. Boy did that irk me the way she treated her. Then when Sylvie first met Connor, it really came to life. I still smile or laugh out loud when I think about her first reaction to him. Sylvie had spunk at times but I still think she should have taken more umbrage at the way he treated her. I think Connor took advantage of her naïveté introducing her to his Dom side so soon. She was an innocent girl who knew nothing except what she read about the BDSM activities. Although I felt he was too cruel to her at times, he had his soft endearing moments with her. The ending of course is a cliffhanger but I never thought it would be what it was. I can't wait to start the next book. This was a new author for me but I have to say she has talent and I couldn't turn the pages fast enough to see what was going to happen. The sex scenes were steamy and Connor was swoon worthy. I'd recommend this book to romance readers who like suspense, comedy and steamy sex.

Format: Kindle Edition Verified Purchase
I loved this book so much, I couldn't put it down. When I was finished I had to download the 2nd book immediately then I was off on another all night reading marathon. Now waiting on the 3rd book and I know it will be just as good.

This book was awesome right from the beginning. It was very easy to engage in the reading. I immediately liked Sylvie. I wasn't real sure how I felt about Connor at first, but once his softer side came out about the time of Sylvie's father's wedding, he had really grown on me by then. I have no clue who the murderer could be and I can't wait for the next book to come out to try to put it all together. I am anxiously awaiting book number 2.....Banished!

iTunes
In His Keeping TAKEN book 1  
     
by Jmk1723
I loved this book! I couldn't stop reading from page 1. I loved the mystery and relationship between Sylvie and Connor. I was so engrossed in this book that after reading Taken I immediately bought Banished!!! I can't wait for Claimed in February! I want to know what happens and how it ends. The writing was exceptional and it kept my interest the entire time. It's killing me to wait for the final book.
Available at: 

IN HIS KEEPING: BANISHED by Mia Frances


(short blurb) Sylvie Jenkins' life is upended when boss and lover, billionaire Connor Hudson, becomes the prime suspect in a string of grisly murders. Those who love him...die! He sends her away; exiling her to his Park Ave. penthouse. They meet in secret, but he's changed. He has a dark cruel side that frightens her. What she discovers in a hidden closet, leaves her wondering...could he be capable of murder?

(long blurb)  Exiled to a luxurious penthouse fortress on Park Ave. and trailed by security teams wherever she goes, Sylvie Jenkins feels like a virtual prisoner.
She made the mistake of falling in love with her boss, reclusive bestselling author and billionaire entrepreneur, Connor Hudson. He’s a strict, demanding Dom, who imposes rules and metes out punishment. He wants her total submission, but she’s not inclined to give it. They’d been living together in his rustic mountain mansion until the day police arrived and informed Connor he was the prime suspect in a series of grisly murders. People who loved him had a habit of turning up dead!
Without a word of explanation, Connor sends Sylvie away, refusing to take her calls or answer texts or emails. He tries to stay away from Sylvie, but he can’t. They continue to see each other in secret. Their meetings are filled with painful discipline, followed by the most exquisite pleasure.
Sylvie becomes jealous when Connor squires other women to society events. He tells her it’s to throw the "real" killer off the track. But Sylvie has her doubts.
Realizing she knows almost nothing about Connor’s background, she decides to search the apartment for clues to his past. She discovers the door to a secret room. What she finds there frightens her. Sylvie had always known Connor had a dark, almost sinister side, but she hadn’t thought him dangerous or cruel. Now she wondered. She kept telling herself Connor wasn’t a murderer. But the question remained, if he wasn’t…who was?

What readers are saying:
Format: Kindle Edition Verified Purchase
Amazing, I am 100% In love with these books, I can't wait for the third . I am counting the days for the third book.
Format: Kindle Edition Verified Purchase
Well this 2nd book didn't disappoint. Holding my breath waiting on the 3rd one. WTG Mia great reads.
Format: Kindle Edition Verified Purchase
Both books taken and banished are the best books I ever read, and I have read a lot of good books ,but these are my favourite by far their awesome they get your pulses racing I could not put the books down can't wait for claimed whoop whoop '''''''''''
iTunes
In his keeping series  
     
by Wilde country
Thus far this series has captured my curiosity could not put it down. 
Available at:

IN HIS KEEPING: CLAIMED by Mia Frances


(short blurb) Jealous and angry, her relationship with Connor in tatters, Sylvie decides to escape her penthouse prison. She flees to an isolated cottage in the Catskill Mountains where she hopes to lick her wounds and mend her broken heart. She may have escaped her lover, but not the killer. He knows where she is…and he's coming to claim her!

(long blurb) Jealous and angry, her relationship with Connor in tatters, Sylvie decides to escape her penthouse prison. She flees to an isolated cottage in the Catskill Mountains where she hopes to lick her wounds and mend her broken heart. Sylvie has a new job and a new life, far from the hustle and bustle of the city, far from Connor Hudson's rules and control. She may have escaped her lover, but not the killer. He knows where she is…and he's coming to claim her!


What readers are saying:
Format: Kindle Edition Verified Purchase
This was truly a wonderful trilogy. Sylvie and Connor are my newest favorite couple. Ms. Frances blew me away with her wit, humor and erotic sex scenes. This will definitely be a re-read for me. Connor definitely redeemed himself in this last book and I've not quite met a heroine like Sylvie before. Their love story was different than the usual poor girl meets billionaire plot line and romance readers will definitely love this series. Great job Ms. Frances. I wish you had a 4th book in this series. I'm sad that I've finished and its been a while since I read a book that kept be guessing until the very end. Loved it!

Available at:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Mia Frances is the pen name of author Mary Vigliante Szydlowski.  She writes across several genres under this pseudonym and others. Her published Science Fiction/Fantasy works include novels: The Ark, The Colony, The Land, and Source of Evil, and a novella, The Hand of My Enemy. In addition to her erotic romance murder mystery thriller series IN HIS KEEPING: TAKEN, BANISHED, and CLAIMED, she's also the author of Worship the Night, a tale of horror and the occult, mainstream novel Silent Song, and four children's books.

Her short stories, articles, children’s stories, essays, and poems have appeared in anthologies, books, magazines, newspapers, and on the web.

She is a member of the Authors Guild, RWA (Romance Writers of America), SCBWI (Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators), and SFWA (Science Fiction Fantasy Writers of America).

AUTHOR LINKS

No comments:

Post a Comment