Saturday, April 16, 2016

Hot Mess by Madeline A. Rosenberg



blog break description.jpg
Anna McCormick seems like a cliché from her basic coffee orders to her relentless drama; however she is more than meets the eye. Join the journey of Anna and Trevor Sullivan through the laughs, tears and heartbreak. Meet the Clairetown crew - each character is more interesting than the next! 
Warning: you may not be able to put this book down!
Anna McCormick is every girl after a break up- she is vulnerable and seeks attention in the wrong places. She is easy to love and hate at the same time. Trevor Sullivan is almost too good to be true. He seems like he is perfect on the surface, but there is much more to him than meets the eye. Benji Shaw is the "perfect" boy next door. He has a bit of a hero complex and wants to fix everyone's problems. Tanya Rosen is the quintessential popular girl- everyone thinks she has so much confidence but really she is just as insecure as the next girl. 
The book takes an unexpected turn and I think you will be pleasantly surprised!

blog break review.jpg
Ok so this was different than I expected. In honesty it falls somewhere between a 3.5 - 4 stars so I am just gonna round up here.

 This is a drama filled story that switches between 4 main characters. But it is kinda interesting the way it changes between them, I enjoyed trying to keep up with everyone and their drama. It is definitely easy to relate to the characters, just takes you back to those good ole days. I would say 15-20 your olds would be a good group to enjoy this book, but I for one am 10 years older than that and still enjoyed it. The gist of the story is everyone has issues and nobody is perfect. You can't expect your friends to fix your problems, you have to help yourself before anyone can help you. These 4 have a lot to learn. As the title suggests Anna is one hot mess. There really isn't a dull moment in this book. I mean you get a boy crazy young woman and there's bound to be drama. 

The issues i seen with the story. The way words are spelled and they all talk to each other is really juvenile, I think more so that what the story comes across as. I think that with some editing it would be better. I feel like at some points I am reading a text message and not a book. I understand it is a YA/teen romance but I think that that would be a big help to making the story a better book to read. That was really my only complaint about the book.

I would definitely read more from Madeline in the future. 


No comments:

Post a Comment