Wednesday, February 3, 2016

MY THOUGHTS ON REVIEWS AND MY WAY TO REVIEW

Feel free to discuss in the comments. Do you let reviews affect your book purchases?

Everyone had different views on reviewing books. I try to review everything I read. Sometimes i feel the review could be more. It can range from a few lines and a rating to a OMG I just can't stop writing type of review. All reviews are different and the way a book affects you is as well. Some are just easier to write more for and not spoil anything. 

I HATE spoilers! I try my hardest to write a review without spoilers. I have seen reviews being dropped just on grammatical errors alone. Unless there is so much I can't get through the book I try not to let grammatical errors affect my rating. I try to take notes on each book I read when I see an error and if there are more than say 5 I like to let the author know so they may fix them. I mean they are human.. We all make mistakes.

--These is how I rate books--
1 - just no....
2 - needs a lot of work
3 - liked the story, not something I could really get into, needs work
4 - was okay, might have a few things that could be changed
5 - loved the book, was something I would recommend, and something I could re-read

I have a lot of books I rate a 5. I think they definitely deserve them. 
If I have a DNF book It can range from a 2 or 3. Generally they are good books but its not something I can get into. Love me or hate me for this but, I will write the author and explain and decide from there if I post a review for those books. I mean really I didn't finish it cause I didn't care for it not because it is a bad book. That doesn't mean its not a 5 star book. Me giving it a low rating doesn't make sense if I didn't read much if any at all. 

Reviews are very helpful to authors. Just do drop a little something to show the author some love when you are done. Don't worry about how big or little it is. They all count. I talk from experience when I say they are very thankful to each and every person who does.